This was the perfect dish for the first day of Fall!!! It's a one pot dinner and so simple and delicious! LOVE LOVE LOVE This recipe makes ALOT of food. I froze half of it for a later time and still had enough for three adults and lunch leftovers!
- 2-3 pound pork shoulder roast
- 1 16 oz jar salsa Verde
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans white beans
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 1 can diced tomatillos
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cumin, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Green onions and Sour Cream for garnish
- Place shoulder roast in an lightly oiled crock pot and sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Top roast with onions, garlic, beans, chilies and tomatillos.
- Pour salsa over the top.
- Fill the jar half way with water and add to crock.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove roast and shred.
- Add shredded pork back to pot and stir.
- Serve with green onions and sour cream
Cookers Note: I used raw beans and fresh yellow tomatoes from the garden. I rinsed then boiled one cup of white beans for 5 minutes before adding to crock. I placed the tomatoes in a bowl of boiling water for 1 minute then placed in a bowl of ice water. After tomatoes were cooled I peeled and diced.