Saturday, September 8, 2012

Peach Caprese Salad




This recipe comes from my amazing sister Victoria.  The first time I tasted this mind blowing concoction was at my baby shower.  I'm not going to lie, I thought I was going to hate this and was so surprised that it became one of my all time favorite salads.

Ingredients:
  • 1 package mozzarella balls or 1/2 of a mozzarella block cubed.
  • 1 package cherry tomatoes cut in half or 2-3 small vine tomatoes diced
  • 3 peaches or nectarines, sliced or diced
  • fresh basil leaves, to taste
  • olive oil, to taste
  • white balsamic, to taste ( I usually use about 2-3 tablespoons)
  • salt and pepper, to taste ( I usually use about 1/4 cup)
Directions: 
  1. Combine mozzarella, tomatoes, and peaches in a large bowl. 
  2. Chop basil and toss into salad.   
  3. Mix desired amounts of olive oil, white balsamic, salt and pepper into a mason jar and shake until combined. 
  4. Pour over salad and toss. 
  5. Let sit for about an hour before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment