Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Garlic Parmesan Muffins

I absolutely hate when I get home from the grocery store and realize I forgot just ONE thing.  Of course this one thing happened to be the garlic bread that my husband has to have when eating any kind of pasta.  He has never been a fan of pasta so when I do make it I always add garlic bread.  No way am I packing up baby and making another trip so I raided the pantry and found self rising flour.  I remembered a recipe by Trisha Yearwood for Easiest Muffins and I decided to adapt it to more of a garlic bread muffin.  This is the end result and I have to pat myself on the back because these are scrumptious.

Ingredients: (this makes 6 muffins)
  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 cup self rising flour
  • 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1-2 tablespoons chopped chives or to taste
  •  pepper, to taste
  • cooking spray
 Directions:  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a mixing bowl cream together butter and yogurt.  Slowly add in flour and mix well.  Add all garlic, cheese and salt and pepper and mix together.  Spray muffin pan and drop dough in with a ice cream scooper.  Bake for about 15 minutes or until tops are brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment