Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hubbys Shrimp Noodle Soup

The first time my husband ever made this I thought he was crazy!  Why in the world would you put Ramen noodles and shrimp together.  When I think of Ramen noodles I think of my childhood and my brother, sister, and I playing Nintendo and eating it out of huge plastic cups like the ones you get at fast food chains.  My brother would always call dibs on the Iowa Hawkeys one!  I vividly remember the first time I saw someone eat Ramen out of a bowl and I was so confused.  I have no idea why we ate it out of a cup but for some reason it was so odd to me that someone would even consider using a bowl.  Anyhow, my husband surprised me on this one and to this day it is my favorite meal he makes.  Maybe because its the only one he makes but it is my favorite!!

Ingredients:
  • 2 packages Oriental Ramen Noodles
  • 1 lb shrimp, uncooked
  • 1 broccoli floret
  • 1 package sliced mushrooms
  • 1 medium zucchini sliced or cut in half circles
  • 1 small onion
  • soy sauce, to taste
  • hoison sauce, to taste
  • sriracha, to taste
  • 2 tablespoon butter

Directions:  In a medium pan melt butter and saute onions and mushrooms until onions are soft.  I always add a little sriracha and hoison while I saute them!  Add shrimp and cook until pink.  In a large pot boil ramen noodles according to package.  When noodles are soft add broccoli and zucchini and cook for a couple minutes.  Finally add shrimp, mushrooms, and onions.  Add one packet oriental seasoning and add soy sauce, hoison, and sriracha to taste.

Cookers Note:  The best thing about this meal is you can use any veggies you have in the fridge and you can always substitute the shrimp for chicken or tofu.  I also love to top with fresh sprouts when I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment