Friday, September 14, 2012

Korean Style Ground Beef

I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this recipe.  I had some ground beef that I needed to use so I typed "ground beef" into pinterest and this is what I found.  I made a couple changes but not much.  Such a simple and fast meal that tastes great! 

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 package mushrooms
  • 1/2 small onion chopped
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup brown sugar ( start with 1/4 and add more if desired)
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce 
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, zested
  • 1 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
  • green onions for garnish

Directions: Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium heat.  Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms.  Saute until onions are soft and add ground beef and cook until browned.  Add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper and sriracha. Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors. Serve over steamed rice and top with green onions.
 

2 comments:

  1. I am making this TONIGHT!!! Thanks Carry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this tonight and added frozen peas to meat mix....very good

    ReplyDelete