I was making this smoothie religiously while drinking loads of water everyday and I swear by it. I had so much energy, my skin looked great and I thinned out a lot. I googled "Detox Smoothies" and after reading many others, I came up with my own. This is definitely an acquired taste but I actually enjoy it now. To make this recipe really easy I chop and freeze the cucumber, celery and parsley in freezer bags. You can also peel bananas and freeze them whole, I have heard you can freeze avocados but I have never done it. This recipe fills two of these mason jars, So I always have one for lunch too!!
- 1 banana
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- couple sprigs of flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon wedge, juice only
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup water, more if needed or desired
- ice, desired amount. I prefer mine more creamy and not cold in the AM
- (If I am wanting a little more sweetness I add pineapple or 1/2 an apple. You can really add any fruit you want.)
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until everything is creamy and no more ice chunks.