Monday, September 8, 2014

Moring Smoothie

 
I was making this smoothie religiously while drinking loads of water everyday and I swear by it.  I had so much energy, my skin looked great and I thinned out a lot.  I googled "Detox Smoothies" and after reading many others, I came up with my own. This is definitely an acquired taste but I actually enjoy it now.  To make this recipe really easy I chop and freeze the cucumber, celery and parsley in freezer bags.  You can also peel bananas and freeze them whole, I have heard you can freeze avocados but I have never done it.  This recipe fills two of these mason jars, So I always have one for lunch too!!
Ingredients:
  • 1 banana
  • 3 celery stalks, diced
  • 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
  • couple sprigs of flat leaf parsley
  • 1 lemon wedge, juice only
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1 cup water, more if needed or desired
  • ice, desired amount.  I prefer mine more creamy and not cold in the AM
  • (If I am wanting a little more sweetness I add pineapple or 1/2 an apple. You can really add any fruit you want.)

Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients into a blender.
  2. Blend until everything is creamy and no more ice chunks.
  3. Enjoy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment