So the other day I posted the delicious Peach Caprese Salad and decided to whip this up with the leftovers. I really wanted to make a Caprese Panini but when the bread was frozen I became an instant genius and went for the tortillas. This is an amazing lunch and would be beautiful and a brunch or luncheon.
- 2 tortillas, burrito sized
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, diced or shredded
- Fresh chopped basil, desired amount
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar, optional
- In a small saucepan bring balsamic vinegar and sugar to a boil.
- When balsamic begins to reduce to about half the amount remove from heat and let cool.
- Place tortillas on a flat surface and layer one half of each tortilla with cheese, tomatoes, basil and drizzle with a little balsamic reduction.
- Fold the tortilla and place onto skillet over medium heat for a couple minutes making sure it doesn't burn.
- Flip to other side and let sit until cheese is completely melted and tortilla is golden.
- Repeat with other quesadilla and enjoy!