WOW, it has been awhile! It has been six months since my beautiful baby girl Dilynn has joined us.
|Had to show her off!|
Now back to PIE. This pie is so amazing. The blackberry filling is perfectly sweet and the crust is perfectly crumbly. I'm not going to lie, this is the third one of these bad boys I have made in the last month. My neighbor has a huge blackberry bush and everyday my little guy grabs the bucket and walks to it. I really feel I should bake the neighbor a pie for stealing all the berries.
Ingredients for filling:
- 4 cups blackberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup flower
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients for Crust:
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Crisco
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons water
Ingredients for crust topping/Dusting:
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- In a large bowl stir together all ingredients and form into two equal balls.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for an hour
- After dough is chilled preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place dough on a flat surface that is dusted with flour
- Roll dough into two equal pie crusts
- Place the first crust into a 10" pie pan
- In a large bowl add 3 cups of the berries with the flour, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir together while kind of lightly mashing the berries.
- Pour mixture into pie pan and top with the remaining berries.
- Top the pie with the remaining crust either in a lattice pattern or the whole thing. (make some slits to vent if using the entire crust)
- Brush the crust lightly with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 45minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.