I kind of feel like I am living in the movie, Julie and Julia right now. I have been trying so many recipes from Chef-In-Training and obviously blogging about them! This recipe was fantastic. I am definitely going to try the original recipe one day but, I just had to try this one first. I was absolutely addicted to the Cinnamon Roll Bread I made a few weeks back and this seemed like a perfect recipe to try. The crumb topping is divine and the muffin is packed with flavor!Ingredients:
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cinnamon roll coffee creamer, You can add 1/4 tablespoon cinnamon to regular vanilla creamer.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Make crumb topping by combining all ingredients into a medium sized bowl. Cut together with a fork until its nice and crumbly.
- In a small bowl mix all filling ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in egg,sour cream and creamer until well mixed.
- In a separate small bowl mix together flour, powder, soda and salt.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients with wet, until well combined. Batter will be thick.
- Pour enough batter into greased muffin tins to cover the bottom. (I got 8 muffins)
- Top each with a generous amount of filling and pour remaining batter on top of each.
- Sprinkle with crumb topping and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When muffins have cooled mix all Cream Cheese Glaze ingredients together until smooth.
- Add glaze into a Ziploc bag. Move all the glaze to one side of the bag making a piping bag. Cut the tip and drizzle muffins.