Thursday, June 13, 2013

CopyCat In N Out Cheeseburger

First I have to admit, I have only had In N Out twice in my life and I really do not remember what they tasted like.  I do know that this burger is amazingly delicious.  The sauce is perfection and the American Cheese is amazing.  I came across this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, Chef In Training and knew I had to give it a whirl.  I have also seen in on many CopyCat recipe blogs so I caved.

Ingredients for Sauce:
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 Tablespoons ketchup
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
  • 2 teaspoons sweet onion, finely diced

Burger Ingredients:
  • 4 burger patties
  • Hamburger buns
  • 4 slices American Cheese
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato
  • Onions
  • 2 tablespoons butter
Directions for Sauce:

  1. Combine all ingredients into a mason jar and shake.  Let sit in refrigerator at least 1 hour before using.

Directions for Burgers:

  1. Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet and add patties.  Cook on each side for about 5 minutes adding cheese for the last minute.  Cook longer if you do not want any pink.
  2. Butter the tops of each bun, optional.
  3. Spread sauce on the bottom of each bun and add beef patty.
  4. Top with desired topping and spread more sauce on the top bun and serve.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment