Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons sweet onion, finely diced
- 4 burger patties
- Hamburger buns
- 4 slices American Cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine all ingredients into a mason jar and shake. Let sit in refrigerator at least 1 hour before using.
Directions for Burgers:
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet and add patties. Cook on each side for about 5 minutes adding cheese for the last minute. Cook longer if you do not want any pink.
- Butter the tops of each bun, optional.
- Spread sauce on the bottom of each bun and add beef patty.
- Top with desired topping and spread more sauce on the top bun and serve.