Sunday, May 19, 2013

Leftover Steak Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing

 
I have to admit,  its very rare (no pun intended) that we have leftover steak in our house.  The other night I had to make some steaks before they went bad, my husband was out with friends and I had dinner with my father in law earlier.  So I put the boy to bed, grilled some steaks and went to bed. 
 
Ingredients for Salad:
  • leftover steak, sliced
  • 1 bag romaine lettuce
  • 1 ear corn, cooked and cored
  • 1 cup black beans
  • green onions, diced
Ingredients for Dressing:
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 small lime, juiced
  • salt and pepper, to taste
Directions for Dressing:  Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend until creamy.  Let sit in refrigerator for an hour or two before serving.
Directions for Salad:  Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and top with dressing. 
     
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment