Monday, March 11, 2013

Grandma Helens Chocolate Chip Cookies


These are hands down the most amazing chocolate chip cookies EVER!!  My Grandma passed when I was very young so, I only have a handful of memories with her.  Every one of those memories revolves around these cookies and French Vanilla ice cream.  My Grandpa had a serious sweet tooth that was definitely passed on to my Mom, who then passed it along to me!  My siblings and I will never forget dessert after ever meal, breakfast included when we stayed with the Grandparents.  We spent our summer days swimming in the lake, the nights catching fireflies followed by our nightly art show.  I will never forget the smiles on their faces as we played and laughed.  My Mom would make these cookies on a regular basis and I am reliving memory lane all over again, smelling and tasting these cookies. 
Grandpa and Us Clear Lake, IA
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup flour plus 3 tablespoons
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup Criso (Cookies are meant to be delicious, not healthy.  USE CRISCO!)
  • 6 oz chocolate chip cookies
 
Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream together Crisco, sugars, egg, and vanilla.  Mix in all remaining dry ingredients until smooth.  Fold in chocolate chips and add my the spoonful to a greased cookie sheet or a sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Cookers Note: If you add just a pinch of cream of tartar to the dry ingredients you will have a little fluffier cookie!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment