Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Orange, Strawberry, Beet and Spinach Salad

I seriously can not get enough of Beets lately.  I literally eat them straight out of the can, don't judge me.  After roasting some fresh Beets, I threw this amazing delicious and beautiful salad together.  I have no second opinion because as much as my hubby loves me, I know he doesn't love me enough to eat spinach! 

Ingredients:
  • 1 roasted beet, sliced*
  • 1 navel orange, peeled and sliced
  • 4 strawberries, sliced
  • 1 cup spinach
Dressing:
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • dash of mustard powder
  • dash of sugar
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:  In a small bowl add all dressing ingredients and whisk together.  Add all salad ingredients to a medium bowl and toss with dressing and serve!

* Roasted Beets:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Wash and scrub beets and trim off the stems.  Place beets in foil with a little bit of olive oil.  Wrap and bake on cookie sheet/pan for 60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment