Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chili Cheese Shells

This was definitely a hit with my husband!  Like most people, I am a huge fan of Velveeta and Chili with Frito's.  This dish is that in pasta form.  My husband added crushed Frito's to the top of his, and I added a large scoop of Pace Picante.  This is a great way to use up any canned chili and I think a can of Rotel would be a wonderful addition. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 box pasta shells
  • 2 cans chili
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • Cholula, to taste

Directions:  Boil shells according to package directions.  In a large skillet melt butter, sprinkle with flour and stir constantly until in forms a roux.  Stir in cream and bring to a simmer.  Slowly whisk in cheese until melted and stir in chili.  Let simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.  Pour chili cheese over noodles and enjoy.  Top with Cholula, Frito's or hot sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment