Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Chili Smothered Baked Potatoes

I am still working my way through the 10 pound bag of potatoes I got for Christmas.  I usually serve my chili over rice or pasta but I decided to give this a try and it was fantastic.  Here is my normal chili recipe however, I did not have any canned tomatoes on hand so I added a can of tomato soup and it is definitely a change I will keep. 
Ingredients:
  • 4 russet potatoes
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 1 can mild chili beans
  • 1 can kidney beans, drained
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 1 small can diced green chilies
  • 1 packet chili mix seasoning
  • shredded cheese
  • diced onions

Directions:   Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.  Wash and scrub potatoes and place directly on top rack in oven.  Bake for about an hour or until potatoes are soft.  In a large skillet brown beef over medium heat.  Add beans, soup, chilies and stir in seasoning mix.  Serve chili over potatoes and top with cheddar cheese and onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment