Thursday, January 10, 2013

BBQ Beef Biscuit Pockets


One of my favorite food blogs to follow is Chef-In-Training because I feel like our food styles are very similar.  I think her blog is actually the reason I started blogging in the first place.  Anyway, she posted this recipe, and I was dying to try it.  My husband is not a fan of pie crust, so I substituted with biscuits.  No silverware needed! 
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 package refrigerated biscuits
  • 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 cup corn, frozen
  • 1 1/2 cup favorite BBQ sauce

Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Brown beef in skillet until cooked and drain excess fat.  Stir in corn and BBQ sauce until coated evenly.  Flatten all biscuits with hands or a roller until about 1/4 inch thick.  Top half of the biscuits with meat and Cheddar cheese.  Place the remaining flattened biscuits over the top and pinch the sides together making a pie.  Cut four lines in the top for ventilation.  Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.





No comments:

Post a Comment