Monday, January 14, 2013

Overnight Strawberry Almond French Toast






This recipe is adapted from my Overnight French Toast.  We had some friends coming over for brunch and I wanted something yummy, but not so sugary for the little ones.  I loved the overnight french toast I made awhile back, so I lightened it up with honey and less butter.  I will say I like the full fat version better because I am not a huge fan of honey.  The only difference with the lighter version is the bottom layer is a little softer because it doesn't get the crisp from the brown sugar bottom.  The bottom layer is more like a pudding and the top layer is crisp like regular french toast. 
 
Ingredients:
  • 3 tablespoons melted butter
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 loaf texas toast or french cut bread
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 bag frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
  • Cinnamon
Directions: Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix eggs, milk, and vanilla in small bowl. In separate bowl melt butter in honey. Coat bottom of 9 by 13 baking dish with honey mix. Cover honey with a layer of bread then pour half of the egg mix over the top. Sprinkle with strawberries and cover with second layer of bread. Pour remaining egg mixture over the top and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover over night and bake covered for 30 minutes and 15 minutes uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment