Friday, October 19, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese


To quote Ice Cube "I got to say today was a good day."  I got to spend all day with my son because I am lucky enough to work from home.  He took two LONG naps and when we went to the grocery store he waved and clapped at EVERY person who looked at him.  It was a beautiful crisp fall day here in Washington, my husband came home early from work, I put makeup on, its Thursday Night Football with the SEAHAWKS and to top it all off I got to indulge in this mind blowing sandwich. 
Ingredients:
  • 4 slices sourdough bread
  • 1 small can sliced jalapenos in escabeche
  • 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons green onions. chopped
  • 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:  In separate bowl mix cream cheese and green onions together.  Butter the outside of each piece of bread and spread with cream cheese.  Add  the jalapenos on top of cream cheese and sprinkle with cheese.  Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and grill sandwiches until golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment