Monday, October 8, 2012

Baked Catfish Sandwich

Have I mentioned how addicted I am to all of the cooking channels?  I seriously watch them all the time.  I cant even tell you how many ideas and great cooking tips I have learned from it.  So I guess watching lots of TV isn't that bad if you are learning right?  Sandra Lee made a catfish dish the other day and I had to try it!

Ingredients:
  • 2 catfish fillets
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 teaspoon blackened seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
  • Hoagie Rolls
  • tomato
  • lettuce
  • tartar sauce
  • pepper, to taste

Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large ziploc bag add buttermilk, seasonings and fish.  Marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge. Add panko and pepper to taste to a shallow dish.  Remove fish from bag and coat with panko.  Place coated fish on a cookie sheet coated lightly with olive oil.  Spray the top of the fish with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes.  While fish is cooking spread tartar sauce on both sides of the hoagie rolls and add lettuce and tomato.  Top with cooked fish and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment