Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pico De Gallo Burgers

When I was younger my Dad would always make Pico De Gallo for us.  Sometimes he would add fresh roasted corn and my favorite was when he would add fresh bay shrimp.  SO YUMMY.  Whenever we had any leftovers I remember him just rolling it into burger patties and I guess I was missing my Daddy because I have been craving all of his specialties!!  So excited I am going to visit him this weekend.

Ingredients:
  • 4 buns of your choice
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 cup Pico De Gallo
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 2 avocados, chopped
  • 4 slices pepper jack cheese
  • lettuce
  • pinch of salt, pepper, and cumin

Directions:  In a mixing bowl add beef, seasonings, olive oil and 2/3 cup Pico De Gallo.  Mix together and form four burger patties.  Heat skillet over medium heat and lightly coat with non stick spray.  Add patties and cook for about 4 minutes on each side adding cheese slices for the last minute to melt. (This can always be made on the BBQ)  I was just cold and did not want to go outside!  In a separate bowl add avocados and remaining Pico De Gallo and mix together leaving it a little chunky.  Add burger patties to bun and top with lettuce and guacamole!

No comments:

Post a Comment