Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fast Tuna Melts


Don't know why I am posting this because I am pretty sure most everyone already knows how to make this dish.  Its an easy 15 minute dinner that is good and fast.  My husband is a fan of these and I usually have all the ingredients on hand.  It is nothing special, but having a simple low key dinner is a nice change of pace.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cans tuna of your choice
  • 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon relish of your choice
  • 2 slices cheese of your choice.  I usually use pepper jack
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • margarine
  • 4 pieces bread
Directions:  In bowl mix tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, relish, and salt and pepper together.  Butter one side of all four pieces of bread.  Add mixture to two pieces of bread and add the cheese on top.  Place the left over pieces of bread on top butter facing outward.  Heat on skillet until cheese is melted and tuna is warm.  Serve with soup, salad, or chips.  You can also add plain coleslaw mix into mixture to add more texture.

Cookers Note: I love making these with Jalapeno Cheese Bagels. SOOO GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment