Monday, August 6, 2012

Zucchini and Chicken Penne

I saw this recipe on pinterest today and I thought I would try it with Zucchini.  So simple and delicious and best of all I was able to use fresh veggies from the garden.  I made a couple changes from the original recipe and it turned out fantastic.  Really inexpensive as well!!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound cooked chicken breasts cubed
  • 1 box penne pasta
  • 1 medium zucchini
  • 1 package mushrooms
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 3 cups Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • olive oil
Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium skillet saute chicken until fully cooked.  Remove chicken and add about 1/2 tablespoon of oil to skillet and saute mushrooms with chopped garlic clove.  In a large pot boil water and add penne.  Add zucchini to pot for the last 3 minutes.  Drain and rinse then return to pot.  Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and stir.  In a small bowl add milk and whisk in egg.  Pour over pasta and add chicken, 2 cups cheese, and mushrooms. Mix together and add to 9 by 13 baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Bake for 20 minutes.

Cookers Note:  There is a lot of pasta with this recipe so I also made and extra freezer meal for a later time.  I always keep extra baking tins in the house for recipes that call for a lot of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment