Tuesday, July 24, 2012

BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich


My husband had his weekly call night for work so I switched dinner to something quick and easy to eat when he gets home.  Although my meal plan said BBQ pulled tri tip I cleaned the freezer out last week and I must have thrown that out. This meal is so easy and best of all its made in the crock pot.  If you liked my pulled pork you will love this. 

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 pound chicken breast
  • 1 1/2 cup favorite BBQ Sauce
  • 1 package coleslaw with dressing
  •  paprika and pepper to taste
  • Texas Toast or Bun of any kind
DIRECTIONS:

Spray crock pot with non stick spray and add chicken.  Cover chicken with BBQ sauce and cook on low for 4 hours or until meat is tender enough to shred with fork.  Shred chicken with fork and let stand for 15 minutes.  Prepare coleslaw as directed and and paprika and pepper to taste.  Toast the bread and add chicken and slaw. 

*If you have left over chicken you can make a BBQ Chicken pizza or salad.*

No comments:

Post a Comment