Monday, July 23, 2012

Apricot Chicken

 I found this recipe at www.chef-in-training.com and have made it a couple times now with some changes after the first time.  I thought it tasted a lot like Teriyaki chicken the first time so I have started adding sriracha.  I also have lots of Zucchini in the garden now so I threw some in as well.


INGREDIENTS:

6-8 skinless chicken breasts or Thighs
1 cup apricot preserves
1 cup Catalina or French dressing
1/4 cup dry onion soup mix
1 tablespoon sriracha
1 medium zucchini

DIRECTIONS:
Put chicken in a 9×13 pan. Mix all other ingredients together and pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until chicken is done add zucchini 15 minutes before chicken is ready.  When I make this I usually double or triple the recipe and add to Ziploc freezer bags without the zucchini for a later day.  You can also make this in the Crock cook on low for 4-5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment