Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins

I always find myself having left over bananas because I despise soft ones.  I never seem to eat them all before they go from green to yellow!  Another semi homemade recipe that is to die for.  I actually made two bread loafs and six muffins.  Whenever I bake I only ever try one bite of whatever it is to make sure its edible and pack it up for my husband to take to work.  He is not a big fan of this because he can never actually enjoy the tasty treats.  So I decided to surprise him with some muffins and I am really glad I did because I ended up eating half of them.  I adapted this recipe from Betty Crocker

Ingredients:
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1/3 cup apple sauce
  • 3 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 3 eggs
  • 4 mashed bananas
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
  • 1/2 bag cinnamon chips
Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In mixer add cake mix, applesauce, eggs, bananas, and Greek yogurt.  Mix until smooth.  Fold in walnuts and cinnamon chips.  Pour into greased bread pans or muffin tins.  Bake bread for 45 minutes and muffins for 30 minutes.

Cookers Note:  If you do not have Greek yogurt I would just add in some extra applesauce.  Sometimes when using applesauce the bread can tend to me a little dry so I added some yogurt because I always have some on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment