Happy Birthday to my Hubby! I don't think I every actually tried a Carrot Cake until my husband and I started dating. Crazy I wasted 15 years of life not knowing the glory of a good Carrot Cake. This cake is super moist (worst word EVER) full of flavor and the cream cheese frosting is PERFECTION. You must make this.
Ingredients for Cake:
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, lightly drained (reserve juice)
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease two 9 inch cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Slowly stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Mix in drained pineapple, carrots, coconut and walnuts.
- Pour even amounts into each cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool cakes completely before removing from pan.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the butter and cream cheese until nice and creamy.
- Add in vanilla, pineapple juice, cinnamon and coconut.
- Slowly stir in sifted sugar until smooth.
- Invert first cake onto a plate or cake stand.
- Apply a generous amount of cream cheese frosting to the top of the cake.
- Gently place the second cake on top of the cream cheese and frost the top and sides with remaining frosting.
- Top with more walnuts or coconut, optional.