Monday, October 13, 2014

Shrimp Ramen Bowls

MMMMM...... I seriously love a good noodle soup.  This broth is quite similar tasting to Hot and Sour Soup.  I definitely see myself converting it one day.  I absolutely loved this dish and will be making it again soon.  I was low on veggies but you can definitely bulk it up.  My original plan revolved around Coconut Milk however, I left the store without it.
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 6 oz box chow mein noodles (feel free to use plain packaged ramen noodles)
  • 2 boxes vegetable broth (4 lbs)
  • 1 onion, halved and sliced
  • 1 package sliced mushroom ( I lightly diced mine)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 Teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon Sriracha
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 tablespoon flour
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • Cilantro and green onions for garnish.
 
 
Directions:
  1. Boil noodles according to package directions.
  2. In a large pot melt butter.
  3. Add mushrooms and sauté until soft, adding in onions and garlic for last couple minutes and sprinkle with a little salt.
  4. Sprinkle onions and mushrooms with flour and stir until thick.
  5. Slowly stir in broth and bring to a boil.
  6. Add in the rest of the seasonings and sriracha and stir, if you need to add any extra flavors this is the time!
  7. Reduce heat and add noddle's and shrimp.
  8. Cook until shrimp are pink, around 3-5 minutes.
  9. Garnish with green onions and cilantro and serve.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment