MMMMM...... I seriously love a good noodle soup. This broth is quite similar tasting to Hot and Sour Soup. I definitely see myself converting it one day. I absolutely loved this dish and will be making it again soon. I was low on veggies but you can definitely bulk it up. My original plan revolved around Coconut Milk however, I left the store without it.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 6 oz box chow mein noodles (feel free to use plain packaged ramen noodles)
- 2 boxes vegetable broth (4 lbs)
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 package sliced mushroom ( I lightly diced mine)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cilantro and green onions for garnish.
- Boil noodles according to package directions.
- In a large pot melt butter.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until soft, adding in onions and garlic for last couple minutes and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Sprinkle onions and mushrooms with flour and stir until thick.
- Slowly stir in broth and bring to a boil.
- Add in the rest of the seasonings and sriracha and stir, if you need to add any extra flavors this is the time!
- Reduce heat and add noddle's and shrimp.
- Cook until shrimp are pink, around 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro and serve.