I was originally planning on making a recipe from The Pioneer Woman's blog however, I forgot a few essentials at the store...... I guess having a list doesn't always work the way you want. As I started pulling out all the ingredients I would need I found myself in a bit of a pickle. Pantry raiding had commenced and I found myself whipping up this delicious meal instead.
- 1/2 bag egg noodles
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 can condensed french onion soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- Boil noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Stir in onions and garlic until they start to sweat and add ground beef.
- Saute beef until cooked throughout and stir in soup and sour cream.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add in noodles until completely coated and serve.