- 1 lb brussel sprouts, trimmed and cut in 1/2
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Agave Nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- juice and zest from 1 small lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
Mix together oils, ginger and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Transfer mixture into a large skillet and heat on medium/high heat.
Add brussel sprouts to skillet when oil is hot and let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Stir soy sauce and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
Add lemon juice/zest, Agave and salt and pepper. Let brussel sprouts caramelize and serve.