Friday, June 7, 2013

Tortellini and Andouille Sausage Soup

 
I love when Pinterest recipes turn out FANTASTIC.  As I have said before, I have a love/hate relationship with my crock.  I have tried LOTS of recipes and have only really liked a few of them.  This one is a WINNER....  My husband has been out of town for business and I knew this was one he wouldn't like.  So, I whipped this up and froze in individual Ziploc bags for future lunches. 
 
Ingredients:
  • 1 bag frozen tortellini, any kind
  • 2 cans diced tomatoes, Italian style
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1 pack Andouille sausage (4 links), sliced in circles
  • 1 block cream cheese, diced
  • 1 quart chicken broth
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
  • 1 bay leaf
  • pepper to taste
Directions:
 
Brown sausage in a large skillet until browned.
 
Add sausage and all remaining ingredients into a lightly greased crockpot.
 
Cook on low for 6 hours, stir and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment