I love when Pinterest recipes turn out FANTASTIC. As I have said before, I have a love/hate relationship with my crock. I have tried LOTS of recipes and have only really liked a few of them. This one is a WINNER.... My husband has been out of town for business and I knew this was one he wouldn't like. So, I whipped this up and froze in individual Ziploc bags for future lunches.
- 1 bag frozen tortellini, any kind
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, Italian style
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 pack Andouille sausage (4 links), sliced in circles
- 1 block cream cheese, diced
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- pepper to taste
Brown sausage in a large skillet until browned.
Add sausage and all remaining ingredients into a lightly greased crockpot.
Cook on low for 6 hours, stir and serve.