Monday, June 3, 2013

Crock Pot Baked Beans

Confession, I always buy Bushs Home Style Baked Beans, ALWAYS.  When they are heating up I add a little bit of molasses, brown sugar and yellow mustard for a little extra kick and our family loves them.  However, they can be a little pricey...  We had a friend coming over to smoke a brisket and baked beans were an obvious pairing.  However, since he was spending so much time smoking the brisket, I thought it was only fair to make homemade baked beans.  These were PERFECTION!!!!!  I don't know if I should be impressed or disgusted with the fact that 4 1/2 of us scarfed down about 3/4 of the batch.  At least I know everyone loved them as much as me!

Ingredients:
  • 1 bag navy beans, soaked and boiled until softened
  • 1 cup water from boiled beans
  • 1/2 package uncooked bacon, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups ketchup
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1 large sweet onion, diced
  • 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
  • 2 tablespoons A-1
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire

Directions:

Soak beans overnight as directed on package in a large pot.

Bring beans to a boil for about 15 minutes or until tender.

Drain beans and place into a lightly greased crockpot with onions.

In a large mixing bowl whisk together all remaining ingredients and pour over beans.

Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment