Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Broiled Balsamic Glazed Bread and Bruschetta

For all of you who don't know, I am a HUGE bread lover.  Especially, when its doused in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  My husband always tells me that he knew he wanted to marry me on our first date at his Senior prom because, I wasn't afraid to order what I wanted and I literally ate a whole thing of bread with balsamic before our meal.  Needless to say, I also finished my whole meal and ordered a double cheeseburger after the dance.  A local restaurant has this amazing wood fired bread with balsamic glaze and I have been craving it so bad....  I also love bruschetta so I decided to make both and have a delicious snack!

Ingredients:
  • 1 baguette, sliced at an angle
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, zested or grated
  • handful of basil, lightly chopped
  • 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, lightly diced

Directions:

Bring oven to a broil.

Mix tomatoes and basil in a small bowl. 

In a small sauce pan bring balsamic vinegar and sugars to a soft boil and let simmer, until it thickens just a bit.

Place bread slices on a foil lined/lightly greased cookie sheet.

In a small bowl mix oil and garlic.  Spread evenly over each piece of bread and place in broiler until edges start to get crisp and golden.  Remove from oven and drizzle each piece with balsamic glaze.

Add about a tablespoon of the glaze to the tomato/basil mixture along with any extra olive oil and stir.

Top 1/2 of the bread pieces with the tomato/basil mixture and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment