Friday, April 19, 2013

Orange Chicken Stir Fry

Have I mentioned how much I love the commercials with fast and easy recipes??  Well, the other day I saw a Swanson Chicken Broth commercial with a similar recipe to this one.  Guess what? I just so happened to have a jar of Orange Marmalade in the pantry so, I decided to give it a whirl.  I adapted from my own Chicken Teriyaki Yakisoba recipe and created another WINNER.  Did anyone notice the picture for the Chicken Teriyaki Yakisoba is almost identical to this one?  This reassures the fact that I need new dishes and napkins. 

Ingredients: 
  • 1 large chicken breast, lightly flattened and diced
  • 1 1/2 cups fresh stir fry vegetables
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup orange marmalade
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • Sriracha, to taste

Directions:  In a large bowl whisk together soy sauce, marmalade, sugar, ginger and sriracha.  In a separate bowl whisk together cornstarch and apple cider vinegar.  Heat oil in a large skillet and saute chicken for around 5 minutes, or until just about done.  Add marmalade sauce and vegetables to chicken.  Stir to coat evenly.  Slowly stir in vinegar and cornstarch mixture, cover and cook for another 5 minutes.  Stir and serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment