Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lemon Tomorrow Cake

 
Tomorrow Cake, Because there wont be any tomorrow. This cake is absolutely DIVINE!  Melt in your mouth AMAZINGNESS!  As you can tell with my all caps and punctuation, I love this cake.  Seriously, this is better than confetti cake with rainbow chip frosting.  If you know me, you know, this is a huge statement.  Below is a photo of the original recipe from one of my Grandmas cookbooks.  For some reason when I was reading this recipe "lemon" kept popping in my head.  Maybe I am watching too much Hart of Dixie!!! 
Ingredients:
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 box lemon pudding
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 1 lb powdered sugar
  • 1 8oz package cream cheese
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together cake mix, pudding, oil, butter and two eggs.  Spread into a greased 9x13 cake pan.  Mix together powdered sugar, remaining eggs and cream cheese until smooth.  Pour over cake batter and bake for 45 minutes.

Cookers Note:  You can always change the flavor of pudding for different varieties.

No comments:

Post a Comment