Friday, March 22, 2013

Powdered Sugar Maraschino Cherry Cookies

This recipe comes from my Great Grandmother Caroline, who I just so happen to be named after!  Even though I was never lucky enough to meet her, I know she must of been an amazing woman, mother, and friend.  This recipe is quite delicious.  The texture reminds me of the frosted soft and chewy cookies at the grocery stores but, tastes like the amazingness of Maraschino Cherries!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Crisco
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 small jar Maraschino Cherries, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:  Cream together Crisco and sugar.  Add in vanilla and beaten egg.  Mix in flour, tartar and soda.  Gently fold in Maraschino Cherries.  Make into a loaf and cool in fridge overnight.  Slice and bake at 300 degrees for 12-14 minutes.  Cookies will be lightly brown at the edges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment