Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ground Beef Stroganoff


Whenever I get together with other Mamas, I always end up asking about their dinner ideas, and this was the latest idea I received.  My husband gobbled this down and my son was literally licking his fingers.  I will say we have another winner! 

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 package egg noodles
  • 1/2 small sweet onion, finely diced
  • 1 package mushrooms, optional (my husband picked his out)
  • 2 tablespoons butter (if adding mushrooms)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard

Directions:  Boil noodles according to package instructions.  In a large skillet melt butter and saute mushrooms until soft, set aside.  Add ground beef and onions to skillet and cook until beef is cook through.  Add soup, sour cream, broth, and seasonings to seasoning to a medium bowl and whisk together until blended together.  Pour over ground beef and heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.  Serve over noodles and enjoy. 
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
pepper, to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment