I pretty much love any kind of hamburger casserole. I also love that you can top them with mashed potatoes, tots, corn bread, or biscuits. I had a packet of Swedish meatball seasoning and a can of biscuits and voila, this recipe was born.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can cut green beans, drained
- 1 package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 packet Swedish meatball seasoning (two part packet, sauce and seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown hamburger and onion over medium heat. When hamburger has about two minutes left add seasoning part of packet and mix well. Add tomatoes, green beans, and pepper flakes. Sprinkle sauce over the top and stir in milk. Let simmer for another 5-10 minutes for sauce to thicken. Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray and pour in meat mixture, top with biscuits and bake for 20 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes and serve.