Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Rocky Road Cake Cookies

Fact:  I hate chocolate cake.
Fact:  I love chocolate cake cookies.
When I was getting ready for labor and delivery our Doula told us to come up with a code word/saying that would act as me asking for an epidural.  This would have to be said three times before they would even consider giving it to me because we were planning for all natural.  This code had to be something that your spouse would know you were never say/ask for in a normal situation.  I used "I want chocolate cake" because my husband knows how much I hate it.  I decided to make chocolate cake cookies a while back because I figured I would dislike them too however, I found myself eating a majority of them because they taste so much like Grandma Cookies!!

Ingredients:
  • 1 box chocolate cake mix
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • mini marshmallows

Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a mixing bowl add all ingredients except marshmallows and mix until smooth.  Drop cookies by the spoon full onto a cookie sheet.  I would only do 8 per sheet because they puff out pretty good.  Flatten the cookies lightly with a spoon and add 5 marshmallows on top.  Bake for 10 minutes and let cool on cookie sheet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment