Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Crock Pot Salsa Verde Pork Tacos

This meal really made me wish I had invited someone over so I could show off my amazing cooking skills.  The pork is so tender and the flavor is amazing.  I love food blogs and I love the blog I found this recipe at.  Like I said before I am not really a big pork person and I always find myself at the grocery store wishing for great pork recipes because its always on sale.  This one is for sure a keeper and I will be making it many times to come!!

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb pork sirloin
  • 1/2  jar salsa Verde ( I used La Victoria 16oz jar)
  • 1 teaspoon Cumin
  • 1 can green chilies (I didn't have any on hand so I threw in 2 jalapenos from the garden)
  • Cilantro
  • 1 lime
  • salt
  • Tortillas
Directions:  Spray crock pot with non stick spray or olive oil.  Sprinkle pork with salt and place in the bottom of crock pot.  Pour salsa over pork and add chilies or jalapenos.  Sprinkle with cumin and cook on low for 8 hours.  Shred pork and let cook for an additional 15 minutes. Add meat to tortillas and serve with any additional toppings you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment