Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Creamy Mexican Chicken


I found this recipe on pinterest and thought I would get it a shot.  Instead of serving the chicken over the rice I added it into the sauce for some extra flavor.  I am not going to lie when it was all in the crock pot it did not look very appealing at all.  However, I was pleased with the end result.  My favorite meals are fast and full of flavor and this did not disappoint.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 can cream of chicken
  • 1 cup favorite salsa ( I always use Pace Picante Hot)
  • 1 package taco seasoning
  • 1 cup sour cream ( For a lighter version you can substitute plain Greek yogurt)
  • 1 can black beans
  •  Green onions for garnish
  • 1 cup cooked white rice
Directions: Put chicken,  soup, black beans and salsa in slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over everything. Cook on low for 6 hours.  Add cooked rice and stir in sour cream and heat for about an extra 10 minutes on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment