These are seriously the cutest most adorable pies I have ever seen. Do you see that mini pie piece? When the boys golf, the girls bake and bake we did. Adorable and Scrumptious!
Ingredients for filling: If you have filling left over you can freeze for later!
- 4 cups blackberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup flower
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Around 12 wide mouth mason jar lids
Ingredients for Crust:
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Crisco
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons water
Ingredients for crust topping/Dusting:
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- In a large bowl stir together all ingredients and form into two equal balls.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for an hour
- After dough is chilled preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place dough on a flat surface that is dusted with flour
- Roll dough into two equal pie crusts
- Place rolled dough over as many mason jars it will fit. Mine was about 5
- Repeat with second crust and lids.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut around the lids leaving just enough dough to hang over a tiny bit.
- Press dough into each lid and pinch sides against the lids like you would do in a pie pan.
- Roll the remaining pie scraps into another crust and set aside.
- In a large bowl add 3 cups of the berries with the flour, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir together while kind of lightly mashing the berries.
- Add enough pie filling to almost fill the crust.
- Using the remaining crust cut out little shapes or make individual lattice patterns and place over berry mixture.
- Brush the crust lightly with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place individual pies on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Check on pies every so often. If crust is golden brown before the suggested baking time you can remove early.
- Remove from oven and let cool.