Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pork and Beef Three Bean Chili

Chili is one of my Go-To dinners so I usually have everything on hand.  I forgot to check my pantry before grocery shopping this week and didn't realize I was all out of canned beans...OOPS.  However, I found a huge bag of mixed beans (black, kidney and pinto) in the pantry so, I decided to whip some chili up from scratch.  I have to say this was fantastic and I prefer it to the bagged seasoning and canned beans.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups mixed beans, a little over 3/4 cup of black, pinto and kidney (Pre-soaked for 24 hours)
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 lb ground pork
  • 1 cup beef broth
  • 2 cans diced tomatoes
  • 1 small can diced green chilies
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
  • 3 tablespoons chili powder
  • 2 tablespoons chohula
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Directions:  In a large skillet brown beef and pork with onion until cooked through.  Take 1/4 of mixture and puree with 1 can tomatoes in a food processor or blender.  In a large cup whisk broth, chili powder, cumin and onion powder until well mixed.  Add all remaining ingredients and seasoned broth into a crock pot and cook on high for 7-8 hours or low for 10-11 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment