Friday, May 10, 2013

Easy Homemade Rice Pilaf

My little guy loves rice pilaf.  Seriously, he eats so much of it.  I have always just bought the boxed kind or the ready rice and I figured it couldn't be to hard to make.  I was right and best of all I can get rid of so many preservatives.  This was delicious and I will be making this as a regular side dish.
 
 Ingredients:
  • 3 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup white rice
  • 1/2 cup orzo
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Directions:  In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat and add rice and orzo.  Saute until rice gets a little brown and stir in all remaining ingredients.  Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.  Let simmer on low for around 18 minutes.  Fluff and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment