This is such a light and refreshing salad which is perfect for warm and sunny days. My husband and I both really enjoyed it and I will be making this many times this summer. The dressing is perfectly creamy and delicious and the chicken has the perfect hint of sesame. Definitely one of my new favorite salads.
- 3 chicken thinly sliced chicken breasts
- 1 bag American style salad, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups thinly shredded cabbage
- 2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 1/2 cups crisp chow mein noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- slivered almonds for garnish
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon sesame oil, start with 1/8 and taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions: In a large skillet saute chicken with 1 tablespoon sesame oil, around 3 minutes on each side. Set aside and dice when cooled. Add all ingredients in a large salad bowl, leaving a little extra oranges and noodles for garnish and toss. Add all dressing ingredients into a mason jar and shake until well blended. Pour desired amount over salad, toss, top with garnishes and serve.