Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots

I bought a huge bag of baby carrots from Costco last weekend and I have been pondering many ways to use them up.  My husband hates veggies unless they are covered in ranch so I thought by adding sugar he just might eat them up.  However, he was still not impressed.  HAHA I guess I didn't add enough sugar.  Logan and I both loved them and I will definitely be making these again.

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups baby carrots
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • water
  • cayenne pepper, optional ( I love a little spice)

Directions:  Melt butter over medium/high heat and add carrots.  Saute carrots for about 5 minutes or until they start to get a little darker and add brown sugar.  When sugar dissolves add enough water until the carrots are about 1/2 covered.  Let simmer and stir frequently until water is gone and  you are left with a glaze!

No comments:

Post a Comment