- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 box ziti
- 2 jars favorite pasta sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 bag Italian style cheese
- 1/2 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
Directions: Bring large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook for 7-8 minutes until al dente. Drain and add back to pot with olive oil. In a large skillet brown onion and sausage over medium heat. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, seasonings, and add sauce to noodles. Spray casserole dish or freezer tins with cooking spray. Layer as directed: 1/4 Pasta mixture, 4 slices provolone cheese, 1/2 sour cream, Italian cheese, 1/4 noodle mixture, and top with itialian cheese. (These instructions are for 2 8x8 pans) If cooking the same day bake covered for 20 minutes and uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
To freeze: Cover with tin foil, label and freeze. Defrost completely before baking and bake as directed above.