Monday, December 24, 2012

Key Lime Pie

'
Growing up my cousin Mona would always make Key Lime Pie and it was my brothers favorite.  I started making it a few years back after listening to Remy talk about how much he loved it for so many years.  I think I surprised him for his birthday and have been making it often ever since.  He loves this recipe, as do I.  It is so simple and tastes fantastic.  Very thick and creamy with the perfect tartness to go with it. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 9" prepared graham cracker crust or homemade
  • 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup key lime juice
  • 4 egg yolks

Directions:  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a large mixing bowl add milk, lime juice, and egg yolks and beat on high for about a minute or until everything is thick and creamy.  Pour into crust and bake for 15 minutes.  Cool completely and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.  Garnish with lime zest and cool whip if desired before serving.  Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment