Saturday, December 1, 2012

Healthy Smoothie

 Along with fresh juice I love healthy smoothies.  I don't juice for lunch because I love bananas, so I smoothie instead.  Yes, that is a new catch phrase.  They are so fast, easy and delicious.  Another drink I am proud to give to my son.  He loves them and I love that he is getting great nutrition.  Anytime he sees me with any type of food or drink in my hand he is running over his mouth wide open ready for some.  It really makes me watch what I eat throughout the day.

Ingredients:
  • 1 banana
  • 1 satsuma or 1/2 orange
  • 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
  • 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
  • 8 ice cubes
  • 1/4 - 1/3 cup water

Directions:  Add all ingredients into blender and liquefy.  Serve immediately.



No comments:

Post a Comment