Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hamburger Scalloped Potato Skillet

My husband loves Hamburger Helper, so I decided to surprise him.  After getting home from the store realized I forgot to buy a box, so boxed scalloped potatoes to the rescue.  I try my best to make as much stuff without processed food but I didn't feel like cooking and he loved it.

Ingredients:
  • 1 box scalloped potatoes
  • 1 lb hamburger
  • 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes, with juice
  • 1 10 oz canned green beans, drained 
  • 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 beef bouillon cube
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:  Brown hamburger in a skillet.  Add tomatoes, green beans, bouillon, garlic, water and scalloped potatoes without the cheese sauce.  Bring to a boil stirring constantly, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.  Add cheddar cheese and cheese packet and stir until combined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment