Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Glazed Beef and Pork Meatloaf

It has been such a long time since I have had meatloaf.  My family was coming to town for my little guys first birthday!  I wanted to make a quick and hassle free dinner and this was perfect.  I love meatloaf because it takes a couple minutes to throw together and cooks for a hour in the oven while you can get lots of other things done.  My hour was spent loving on my nephew Enzo and my birthday boy!!
Logan Left, Enzo Right
 
Ingredients for Meatloaf:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1lb ground pork
  • 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons A-1
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Montreal seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Glaze:
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon mustard
  • 1/3 cup ketchup
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
  • pinch of pepper
Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large mixing bowl combine all meatloaf ingredients and blend together with hands.  Place mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan.  In a seperate bowl whisk together all glaze ingredients and spread over the top of meatloaf.  Bake uncovered for an hour.  Let sit for about 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment